Nullarbor Couch Turf is Australia’s most widely used common green couch in Brisbane and Gold Coast, it is the budget solution & our cheapest turf available, when looked after correctly it can look amazing, however it does need a little bit more maintenance than other improved varieties such as TifTuf & OZTUFF.
We have Nullarbor Couch on display at Tamborine & Pacific Pines.
Nullarbor Couch Brisbane, Gold Coast & Ipswich
Nullarbor Couch Turf is a fine leaf variety however it’s slightly wider & less dense than the improved varieties like TifTuf or OZTUFF.
Nullarbor Couch is fairly good at keeping a good ground cover once established, it can handle a good amount of wear (in full sun areas) and will go into dormancy in times of drought meaning it will brown off but like most other green couches it normally recovers again after a good rain event.
This grass is widely used on sports fields, council parks & open spaces so chances are you’ve got some nearby. If you’re looking for the most affordable Nullarbor Couch Brisbane & the Gold Coast has in stock, you’ve come to the right place.
- Regular weekly mowing is the key to avoid scalping
- Regular weekly watering is recommended once established to keep its lush green colour
- fertilise twice a year (Spring & Autumn)
- Do not plant this turf in shady areas, it needs a minimum of 6+ hours of direct sun per day
Backed by Lawn Solutions Australia’s national 10 year warranty
No, this variety requires 6-7 hours of direct sunlight per day to thrive in its environment. This is why it is a great lawn solution for Brisbane.
Yes, Nullarbor Couch is the same as Wintergreen Couch.
No, Nullarbor Couch is a different couch variety from Santa Ana.
Our recommendation can depend on your location & climate. If you’d like to know which couch variety will best suit your area, please contact our friendly staff for advice.
Regular mowing with sharp blades is recommended for all lawns, frequency will depend on the growth rate at the time, use this table below as a guide. For optimal mowing results & the best appearance, use a sharp blade cylinder mower & change the direction you mow in each time. As a general rule of thumb do not cut off more than one-third of the leaf blade at a time.
Installing your new turf can be easy!
- Prior to laying turf check that the soil surface is not too hot. Lightly wet the soil down if it is hot.
- Install your lawn immediately upon delivery. Turf is degrading on the pallet, and it is recommended that all turf should be laid within 4 hours of delivery in summer/spring & 12 hours in winter/autumn, failing to do so can lead to pallet burn.
- Begin installing turf along the longest straight line, such as a driveway or footpath
- Butt and push ends against each other tightly, without stretching.
- Stagger the joints in each row in a brick-like fashion, using a large sharp knife to trim corners.
- On slopes, place the turf pieces across the slope.
- After installing the turf, roll the entire area, this will improve the contact between the turf and soil and help with levelling.
- Begin watering lawn within 30 minutes (in Spring/Summer) and 60 minutes (in Winter/Autumn) of installation. Turf is a living plant that requires ground contact and moisture.
- During the first two weeks, avoid heavy or concentrated use of your new lawn, this gives the roots an opportunity to firmly knit with the soil, and ensures that the turf will remain smooth.
For the best advice, please feel free to contact our friendly staff.
We stock oodles of quality Lawn Solutions Australia products that can help you maintain your couch turf to its best-looking self! From environmentally friendly weed control to ColourGuard for helping your new lawn through its first winter! Contact our friendly staff today or view our online store.
Watering guides can vary depending on what point of establishment your Nullarbor Couch is at – Please contact our friendly staff so we are able to help with a watering guide best suited for your location & how long your couch grass has been established for.
Your turf will be loaded onto a pallet, and most of our trucks have forklifts on board that will unload the turf and place it as close as safely possible to your prepared area. If you are not home to receive your turf but would like it placed somewhere specific, please leave out some kind of marker (such as a paint mark on the ground, sign or cone) or call our friendly office staff so they can give instructions to our driver. If no instructions are left, the driver will most likely place the turf onto your driver or wherever he/she feels most appropriate.
We use a unique pallet-less-lift-off system, which means the pallet stays on the truck instead of being left on site. We deliver to Gold Coast, Brisbane, Ipswich and everywhere in-between.